Thursday, February 22, 2007

#3 is here, John Brady needs to go, and other thoughts

Well, my third child was born 8 days ago at a healthy 7 pounds, 3 oz. Her name is Abigail!

All will be well in the household eventually.... after she sleeps for longer than an hour at a time during the night. Where's my *tired* smiley?

I don't know if there's ever been as disappointing of a basketball season - immediately after a Final Four - than LSU is having this year. We weren't able to turn the gaudy success into recruiting (LSU whiffed on Arthur, Augustin, and Reynolds) or fan support (LSU had under 5000 in the stands for an early season top-25 game against Wichita St., a Sweet-16 team from last year). Is there a "Worst SEC Coach Of The Year" Award?

To top it all off, he was quoted in the Advocate as saying "One criticism of me that I'll accept is that I haven't really had a prototypical point guard during my tenure". Who is he out recruiting? Three different shooting guards. Who has signed their LOI's? 3 SF's and a PF.

It's time for a change, $kip.

And it needs to happen sooner rather than later. His financial mind ought to be able to put two and two together; JB gone == butts in seats and recruits on campus.

It's looking like I'll start my new gig on Monday, March 5th. Wish me luck!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home